Sauerbraten MeatballsFrom midgelet 3 years ago
- 1 lb lean ground round shopping list
- 3/4 cup soft coarse breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/4 onion minced shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- 7 Tbs lemon juice divided shopping list
- 2 Tbs water shopping list
- 2 Tbs margarine or oil shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup gingersnap cookie crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Combine beef, bread,onion,pepper and 3 tbs lemon juice and water. Mix well and form into 1 inch balls.
- Heat margarine in skillet and brown meatballs.
- Remove from pan.
- In same skillet to the drippings add the broth and remaining lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Stir in the sugar and gingersnap crumbs. Add meatballs to the sauce and simmer covered for 10 minutes. Uncover and cook 5 minutes longer
- Serve over noodles and sprinkle with some poppy seeds.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating1 people
Made these last night and because we are Gluten Free had to change the sauce. The meatball flavour was perfect, I served it with a Spicy Ginger Sauce and my daughter loved them. Thanks so much!ChefMumzie in Calgary loved it