Salt Cod Fish CakesFrom doreenfish 5 years ago
How to make it
- The day before you plan top make the cakes put the dry salt cod in a pot and cover with cold water.Let sit over night changing the water at least once more.Do not drain til ready to use.
- The next day peel and cut the potatoes into chunks. You will want to have a little more fish than potatoes.
- Cook for approx 10 mins then add drained fish. Cook for another 15 mins or so until fish and potatoes are well cooked. Drain and let cool.
- Wen the potatoes and fish has cooled mash together till well mixed, add the chopped onion, pepper and enough flour to hold the mixture together.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture , roll into balls and then flatten with your hand. Dip both sides in to flour and fry over medium heat until golden brown. Be sure to do both sides.
- Serve with a dill sauce. Also great on a hamburger bun with dill sauce and lettuce.