Coconut Peach CakeFrom EmilyH 2 years ago
- 6 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2/3 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut shopping list
- 1 can (16 ounces) peach slices, drained or 2cups fresh peeled peaches shopping list
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup shortening shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Melt 6 tablespoons butter in an 8-inch square baking pan. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, and coconut. Pat to evenly cover bottom and up sides of pan. Arrange peach halves or slices, cut side up, over coconut.
- Into a medium mixing bowl, sift together the sifted flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add remaining ingredients and blend on low speed of electric mixer. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes. Spread batter over peaches. Bake at 375° for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out with no cake batter clinging. Cool in pan for a minute or two before turning out onto serving plate. Serve warm, with whipped topping or ice cream if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The CookEmilyH Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!