Key Lime And Macadamia Cornmeal CookiesFrom keni 6 years ago
- 1 stick butter, melted or VERY soft, but cooled shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1T fresh key lime juice(3-5 key limes, probably) shopping list
- zest from all above limes shopping list
- 1t rum or vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup fine cornmeal shopping list
- 1/2t salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped, roasted, macadamia nuts shopping list
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate shopping list
- 1 cup confectioners sugar shopping list
- 1T key lime juice shopping list
- 1-3t water, as needed, to thin to drizzleable consistency shopping list
How to make it
- Cream butter and honey together until well combined and smooth.
- Add egg and stir well.
- Add lime juice and zest, and rum or vanilla extract and combine well.
- Add flour, cornmeal and salt and mix slowly until well incorporated.
- Fold in nuts and chocolate.
- Spoon dough onto waxed paper and, using the paper, shape dough into a log, about 2 inches in diameter, or, shape into a triangular shape of similar size.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- Unroll log and slice off cookies, about 1/4-1/2 inch thick, place on ungreased cookie sheet or baking stone, and bake for 12 minutes. Cookies don't really brown, and they don't raise, so 12-13 minutes and the cookies should be set.
- Let cool on baking sheet/stone about 3 minutes then remove to wire rack to cool.
- Whisk together sugar and lime juice, adding a lil water at a time, until a consistency which you can drizzle over cookies. (I use a condiment bottle :)
- Glaze slightly warmed cookies, then let finish cooling.