The Best Greek Lamb ChopsFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 4 loin lamb chops(I used rib),about 6 oz ea shopping list
- 3 large garlic cloves,minced shopping list
- 2 TB chopped fresh rosemary shopping list
- 1 TB dried thyme shopping list
- 1 TB oregano shopping list
- 1 c dry red wine shopping list
- 1/2 c extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- salt and fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 lemons,cut in half for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Trim,rinse and dry lamb chops.
- Using spice grinder or moter and pestle,pulverize garlic,rosemary,thyme and oregano. Should be a paste(add a little oil if necessary). Rub lamb chops all over with mixture. Place in single layer in shallow bowl and pour in the wine and olive oil. Cover and marinate for 2 to 24 hours in refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature for 30 mins. before grilling.
- Heat grill to hot. Season chops with salt and pepper. Grill the chops. They will need about 6 to 8 mins for rare,8 to 10 mins for med,12 to 15 mins for well done Serve with lemon halves and crusty bread