Chicken LemonadoFrom monik 5 years ago
How to make it
- In a pan add oil n heat it then add potatoes and cook them till they are golden brown.... remove it on a plate with a paper napkin so that excess oil will be absorbed by the paper napkin
- Now in the same oil add the chicken pieces slowly before adding dab a napkin to dry pat the meat . add salt n oregano stir the meat and cook it for another 5 min then add lemon juice to it mix well cook for another 3 mins with all the ingredients and 1 1/2 cup water and cook for next 20 mins u will notice water has reduced
- cook on medium to low flame donot rush
- After 20 min add fried potatoes and mix well once again cook for another 5-8 mins on low flame
- Ready to serve with freshly baked bread or steam boil rice some greek salad n feta !!!!
- Tip :
- The same recipe can be made !!!! put the layer of patotes n then on the top of it add chicken which is rub with oregano n salt add olive oil n 2-4 small chuncks of butter on the top of the chicken 2 cups of water with 1 tbsp of honey ( it gives lovely colour to the meat ) and last not the least lemon juice ... cover the baking tray with a aluminium foil cook for 40 mins on 180 degrees then for next 10 mins of grill so that the skin takes nice golden colour
- Some people even add chicken stock instead of water if so pls dont add salt as ready chicken stock always has salt ....
- U can always add carrots /mushroom/ 1-2 bay leaves / freshly grated black pepper / even 1-2 small red chillies or chilly flakes / one whole garlic cut into half / rosemary/ thyme/ fresh oregano ... its all upto u n ur taste !!!!
- Enjoy !!!!!
The Cookmonik Athens, Greece
- Not added to any groups yet!