Denny's Slow Cooker Barbecue BeefFrom dennydca 4 years ago
- 1 tablespoon chili powder shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Santa Maria seasoning shopping list
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 1 (3 pound) boneless chuck shopping list
- 3 tablespoons liquid smoke shopping list
- 2 cups beef stock shopping list
- 1 large onion, sliced thin shopping list
- 1 large bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the chili powder, Santa Maria seasoning, paprika, brown sugar and coriander in a bowl and set aside
- In a shallow bowl add 1 tablespoon of liquid smoke.
- Pat meat dry with paper towels.
- Place meat in bowl of liquid smoke and wet it completely.
- Then add the rub to the meat.
- Place meat in plastic storage bag and marinate for at least 1 hour, overnight is best.
- Place meat in the slow cooker.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of liquid smoke and stock then pour over meat.
- Cover with sliced onions.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours, until the meat is tender.
- Remove roast and allow to cool.
- You can discard the cooking liquid or save for stock.
- Shred the meat and return to slow cooker.
- Add the barbecue sauce and mix well.
- Heat on low for about an hour.