Deep Fried Eggplant With HoneyFrom Cherrill 5 years ago
How to make it
- Wash and slice the eggplant across the width into half inch slices, discarding the top and tail.
- Cover with water to which you've added the salt and allow to soak for 1-2 hours.
- Sieve the flour, beat the egg and add,
- Add enough milk, a little at a time, to make a batter the consistency of single cream.
- Drain and dry the eggplant and coat with the extra flour.
- Heat the oil, dip the eggplant slices into the batter and fry until the batter is crisp and golden
- Serve hot with honey (a generous amount) drizzled over to top.
- I've just had a thought - what about Maple Syrup instead of Honey??