Sweet And Sour Sesame Salmon Stir FryFrom keni 3 years ago
- 2lbs raw salmon fillets, skinned and cut into bite sized pieces shopping list
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cored and cubed(you can by the fresh stuff already cored and ready to cut up in the deli sections, if you don't wanna use a whole pineapple :) shopping list
- 1 can water chestnuts, sliced and drained shopping list
- 2 cups sugar/snap peas shopping list
- 3 green onions, sliced shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1-3 hot peppers, sliced shopping list
- about 2T peanut oil(may need a lil more) shopping list
- 1/4-1t hot pepper flakes shopping list
- juice from 1 lime or half a lemon shopping list
- 1/2t rice vinegar shopping list
- 1/2-2T honey shopping list
- 2T oyster sauce(can sub soy sauce, if desired) shopping list
- 1T mustard(Dijon, Chinese hot, sweet and spicy, brown, whatever is your favorite) shopping list
- 4-6 servings rice(fried, white, brown, etc) shopping list
- dash of sesame oil shopping list
- 2T sesame seeds(I used half toasted and half black :) shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In small bowl, whisk together lemon or lime juice, rice vinegar, honey, mustard, oyster sauce and a DASH of sesame oil, if using. Set aside.
- In wok or large stir fry skillet, heat oil.
- Add hot pepper flakes and garlic and stir quickly for about 30 seconds. Do not let burn.
- Add salmon pieces and sliced peppers and cook about 2-4 minutes, stirring constantly, until salmon is just done.
- Add peas, pineapple, onions, water chestnuts and continue to cook, stirring constantly, for another 2-3 minutes, just until all is warmed through and mixed well.
- Serve over rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds.