Glacé Orange Slices Dipped in Dark ChocolateFrom lailahusain 3 years ago
How to make it
- 1. Cut the four oranges into slices about 1cm thick.
- 2. Put orange slices in a container and cover completely with boiling water. Cover the container then leave for 24 hours.
- 3. Put 3 and a half cups caster sugar in a large pot with 5 cups of water. Simmer for 2 – 3 minutes till sugar has dissolved.
- 4. Place orange slices in the pot and simmer. Then reduce heat to the lowest it can go and leave for 3 – 4 hours.
- 5. Lift orange slices out of pot and place on a tray with a rack and place into a preheated oven at 90°C for an hour.
- 6. Cut each orange slice in half. Roll in caster sugar if desired.
- 7. (optional) - Melt chocolate in a bowl over simmering water. Dip the straight side of each orange slice about 2/3 of the way into the chocolate.
- 8. Transfer to non-stick paper and leave to cool. Do not cool in fridge/freezer as chocolate will develop water molecules.
- • Melt the chocolate and leave to cool but not harden. This is similar to tempering and will prevent white specs from developing on the chocolate.
- • Store orange slices neatly in a container in layers with waxed paper.
The Cooklailahusain London, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!