Green Tomato RelishFrom Kayde 3 years ago
How to make it
- In a grinder or food processor, coarsely grind tomatoes, red and green bell peppers, and onions. You may need to do this in batches. Line a large colander with cheesecloth, place in sink or in a large bowl, and pour in tomato mixture to drain for 1 hour.
- In a large, non-aluminum stockpot, combine tomato mixture, celery seed, mustard seed, salt sugar, and vinegar. Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Sterilize enough jars and lids to hold relish (12 one pint or 6 one quart) Pack relish into sterilized jars, making sure there are no spaces or air pockets. Fill jars all the way to the top. Screw on lids.
- Place in canner. Boiling water bath for 30 minutes.
- Remove jars from pot and place on cloth covered, or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. check each jar. Any relish that did not can properly, store in fridge.
- Relish can be stored up to a year.