Mini Shepherd's PieFrom sas 2 years ago
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1 can biscuits (12) (recommended: Grands) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 pound ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 onion, minced shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup beef stock or more shopping list
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables or I prefer just corn shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups leftover mashed potatoes shopping list
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic powder shopping list
- 2 tablespoons granulated onion powder shopping list
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar shopping list
- The gravy should be thick and not too runny! shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray a 12-count muffin pan with cooking spray. Mold biscuits to the shape of each muffin cup. Par-bake biscuits for 6 to 8 minutes until light golden. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef and brown. Stir in the onions, salt, pepper and garlic and allow to cook together for a couple of minutes.
- Mix flour into the meat mixture and stir until a paste consistency is reached. Add beef stock to pan and stir in vegetables and herbs, the last few minutes, until combined.
- Reheat mashed potatoes in a microwave for 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in granulated garlic and onion powder.
- Spoon equal amounts (approximately 2 tablespoons) of warm potatoes on the bottoms of each par-baked biscuit. Then top with equal amounts of beef mixture (approximately 2 tablespoons). Finally top with equal amounts of Cheddar. Return to oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes until cheese is melted and browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before popping individual pies out with a knife.
The Cooksas Farmington, CT
- Not added to any groups yet!