Seared Scallops with Grilled Corn, Bacon & Oyster MushroomsFrom luisascatering 3 years ago
- 6 large sea scallops shopping list
- 1 ear fresh sweet corn, grilled shopping list
- 4 strips applewood smoked bacon, chopped shopping list
- 2 ounces oyster mushrooms, sliced if large shopping list
- 2 green onions, sliced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- ½ cup heavy cream shopping list
- clarified butter, for searing scallops shopping list
- ½ of a lemon shopping list
- pink himalayan salt and fresh ground white pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- When cool enough to handle grilled corn, place flat end on a cutting board and slice the corn off the cob. Set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a medium sauté pan until crisp. Drain off the majority of the fat and add 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan, along with the mushrooms. Allow to cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the corn, most of the green onion, and the cream. Simmer over low heat.
- In the meantime, wash the scallops and pat them dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper. Add a little clarified butter (or olive oil) to a large sauté pan over high heat. Carefully place the scallops at least 1 inch apart and cook for 2 minutes on each side, turning only once.
- To serve, place 3 scallops on each plate and squeeze a small amount of fresh lemon juice on them. Spoon the corn, bacon and mushroom sauce evenly over the top. Garnish with the remaining green onion.
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating1 people
This is another Must Try from you!!
I made this night before last. It's absolutely wonderful - thank you so much!!