Cornbread Toaster TreatsFrom keni 2 years ago
- 1 stick butter, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup raw sugar(can sub regular granulated or brown sugar, if desired) shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1t vanilla shopping list
- 1t fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2t baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 cup cornmeal shopping list
- dash of salt shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 cup fresh berries, chocolate chips, or even coconut, toasted nuts or oatmeal(optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix butter, sugar and honey well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well between each.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla and mix again.
- Stir in dry flour, cornmeal, salt, and baking powder until well mixed, but don't beat.
- Stir in buttermilk until just moistened.
- Spread batter into prepared jelly roll or sheetcake pan(at least10-11X15..mine is slightly longer, about 13X17)
- Sprinkle with berries or other topping, if using.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until edges are pulling away from the side of the pan and firm on top, lightly brown. A toothpick will come out clean.
- Cool about 5 minutes on cooling rack, then slice into 8 or 16 pieces and serve immediately with butter and honey OR wrap pieces well in freezer safe plastic wrap and freeze.
- Toast these right from the freezer!