Cranberry Pineapple Zucchini CakeFrom midgelet 3 years ago
- 1 can, 20 oz pineapple chunks ( I used crushed pineapple-see my directions ) shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup canola oil shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup shredded packed zucchini shopping list
- 1 cup cranberries, halved ( I coarse chopped them ) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts ( I did not use them ) shopping list
- dusting of confectionery sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Drain pineapple reserve 1/3 cup juice- save remainder for another juice
- My Note: since I had crushed pineapple, I drained well, did not use any juice at all in the recipe
- If you use the chunks, the original recipe says to process it a blender with the 1/3 cup juice till smooth.
- I simply used the crushed pineapple as it- did not process it.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk, eggs, oil, vanilla and pineapple mixture
- Stir into dry ingredients ( I used an electric mixer,)
- Blend in cranberries and zucchini well.
- Divide mixture into 2, greased and floured 9 inch round cake pans
- Bake in a 350F oven about 30-35 minutes or tested done in center.
- Cool pans on racks 10 minutes
- Carefully remove cakes from pan to finish cooling.
- To serve: dust with powder sugar,cut each cake into 8 wedges
- I spritzed a piece with whipped cream