Mango ChutneyFrom jeef_boner 4 years ago
- 1 firm mango, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar shopping list
- just under 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed... shopping list
- ...and about the same amount of grated ginger shopping list
- 1 tsp yellow mustard seeds shopping list
- 1 hot chilli, chopped finely shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Over a low heat in a pan on your stove, add the vinegar, sugar, garlic, ginger and mustard seeds
- Add the chilli - deseed if you don't like your chutney too spicy
- Reduce slowly over 10-15 minutes - you'll need to stir occasionally
- Add mango
- Reduce further over 15-30 minutes - you're looking for a consistency between gravy and treacle, it sets more on cooling
- s&p to taste
- Leave to cool
- Serve! I serve with bhajis, sheek kebabs and pakoras
- Hint: Play with the sugar content - I started with a 50:50 vinegar:sugar but that was a little too sweet for my taste. I also doubled the chilli. Great till the day after - this baby keeps getting hotter!
- You could upscale this recipe and keep it the same way you'd make jam, but I don't do that. Never got the hang of it!
The Cookjeef_boner Havelock North, NZ
- Not added to any groups yet!