Cherry Cake In A MugFrom midgelet 3 years ago
- 5 Tbs flour shopping list
- 1 Tbs cornstarch shopping list
- 3 Tbs granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 3 Tbs oil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cherry extract shopping list
- 1 Tbs half and half shopping list
- 1 Tbs black cherry syrup ( I used Fox's U-Bet, but any quality syrup would do ) shopping list
- 1 large ceramic empty mug ( I used a 10 oz mug ) shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, place the flour, sugar and cornstarch.
- Crack in the egg,
- Add the cherry syrup, extracts, oil and half and half.
- Whisk to form a batter.
- The consistency is of a thick batter ( thick pour able but not runny )
- if too runny, it may need another Tbs of flour
- Place mixture into the mug.
- Microwave ( use a turntable ) for 3 minutes ( I have a 1500 watt oven ) or cake has risen and puffed in cup and appears almost set on top but still has a slight glisten/sheen on the top
- The trick is that the cake will continue to cook after you take it out, so you want it moist yet cooked and so the time is the most critical factor
- 3 minutes was perfect for my 1500 watt oven.
- Note: I also removed the cake from the mug ( photo ) and it stayed moist with nice cake texture and did not dry out.
- I was very pleased what I created !
- You may have to experiment a bit for your particular oven
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
Food Styling And Photography254 members
Microwave Recipes25 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members
Cakes Of Any Type142 members
Desserts Desserts Everywhere49 members
Quick And Easy25 members
FABULOUS FRUGAL FOODIES249 members
Easy But Darn Good80 members