Grilled Tomatoes With GiardinieraFrom sjbenoist 3 years ago
How to make it
- Slice the Tomatoes in half (top & bottom) and give them a good squeeze over the sink to lose a lot of juice and pulp.
- Slice off the the uncut side of the tomato, and put them on the grill.
- After a couple of minutes (before they stick too bad), flip them over and add 1 Tbs of Giardiniera to each slice, and 1 Tbs of Mozzarella on top of that. Cook another minute or two and serve.
- If your tomato slices are too thick, the cheese may not melt. Either slice the tomato no more than about 1 1/2 inches thick, or place them in the oven momentarily to melt the cheese over them.
- Giardiniera is available at your local grocery store, probably right by the pickles and relishes. It ranges from sweet to hot, depending on the brand. The pieces may be a little large, so I'd recommend dicing them if needed.
The Cooksjbenoist Saint Charles, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!