5 Spice Rock Cornish Game HensFrom chuckieb 2 years ago
- 2 small Rock Cornish Game Hens shopping list
- 1 tbsp. minced ginger shopping list
- 1 tsp. five-spice powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tbsp. oriental sesame oil shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. Sriracha sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp. orange zest shopping list
- 12 sprigs of fresh coriander shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions shopping list
How to make it
- Remove the backbones, breastbones and ribs of the Hens by placing each on a board, breast side down. Cut along both sides of the backbone with a very sharp knife. Cut the meat from the rib cage, keeping the knife as close to the bone as possible. Pull the entire carcass from the meat.
- With the hens skin side down, rub the ginger and the Sriracha sauce onto the meat of each hen.
- Combine the 5-spice powder, salt, sesame oil and orange zest and rub this mixtures over each hen, back and front. Place 6 springs of coriander on each hen underneath the skin and then sprinkle the green onions on the inside exposed area.
- "Sew" the backs of each hen with a bamboo skewer, completely enclosing the ginger, spice mixture and green onions inside.
- Put on pre-heated BBQ Grill set at 350Fand cook for an hour, or until the juices run clear. Enjoy!