All - Day Crockpot Meat SauceFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 large onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, minced shopping list
- ½ red bell pepper, minced shopping list
- ½ cup red wine shopping list
- ¼ cup water shopping list
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 2 cups diced tomatoes (drained if canned) shopping list
- 1 (6-oz) can tomato paste shopping list
- 1 (4-oz) jar squash or carrot baby food (trust me on this one) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- ½ tsp fennel seed shopping list
- 1 tsp oregano shopping list
- ½ tsp thyme shopping list
- ½ tsp dried basil shopping list
- 1 tsp dried parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Heat olive oil over medium heat and add beef.
- Cook the meat until browned, then transfer to a slow cooker.
- Return the pan to the heat and add onion, celery and pepper.
- Cook, stirring, 10 minutes, then stir in the red wine to deglaze the pan.
- Transfer the mixture to the slow cooker and add water, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, baby food, garlic, bay leaf, fennel seed, oregano, thyme, basil and parsley.
- Set the cooker on LOW, cover and cook 8 hours. Remove bay leaf.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.
- This can be prepared and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days, or frozen up to 6 months.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
On A Budget559 members
Good To Freeze127 members
Comfort Foods771 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
The Incredible Allergens8 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members