Peruvian Pork SandwichFrom keni 3 years ago
- 3lbs boneless pork loin chops shopping list
- hard sandwich rolls shopping list
- sliced tomato shopping list
- fresh leaf lettuce shopping list
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1T ancho or similar ground pepper shopping list
- 1T sweet paprika shopping list
- 1t ground cumin shopping list
- 1t dried oregano shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh, grated or dried minced onion shopping list
- juice from 2 limes shopping list
For salsa Criolla
- 2 red onions, sliced in thin half moons shopping list
- 2-3 jalapeno or serrano peppers, sliced in thin strips shopping list
- several T fresh cilantro, chopped shopping list
- juice from 1 lime shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
- sprinkling of raw or brown sugar(optional) shopping list
For paprika Mayo
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/2t ground coriander shopping list
- 2t sweet paprika shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all marinade ingredients in extra large zipper bag or plastic bowl, with lid.
- Add pork and toss well to coat.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours, over night is best.
- Let come to room temperature before grilling or broiling.(just let it sit out about 30 minutes or so, but not more than an hour)
For Salsa Criolla
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate the same as you do the pork.
For Paprika Mayo
- Combine all ingredients and refrigerate, as above.
- Grill or broil pork a few minutes on each side, just until internal temp is 145.
- Serve on the hard rolls(grill them a bit, if desired) with the onion salsa, mayo, lettuce and tomato