Custer's Last Stand - Whiskey Strips With Crisp Sc Corn Cakes And Vodka Creamed OnionsFrom alisdhair 3 years ago
- 4 10 oz. striploin steaks shopping list
- 5 oz. of Jack Daniels shopping list
- 3 tbls. of chopped garlic shopping list
- 1/2 cup of Korean BB'q sauce shopping list
- salt, cracked black pepper shopping list
- ---corn CAKES--- shopping list
- 3 cups of cooked yellow cornbread (crumbled) shopping list
- 1 cup of flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. of baking powder shopping list
- 1 cup of whole milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup of Southern Comfort shopping list
- 3 tbls. of melted butter shopping list
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers shopping list
- 1 roasted red bell pepper shopping list
- 1 large bunch of scallions shopping list
- 1 cup of chopped apple smocked bacon. shopping list
- CREAMED ONIONS--- shopping list
- 3/4 a white onion shopping list
- 2 1/2 lbs. of pearl onions shopping list
- 2 cups of heavy cream shopping list
- 1 cup of rich stock (use beef here) shopping list
- 3 oz. of good vodka shopping list
- 5 cloves of garlic (minced) shopping list
- 1/4 lb of butter shopping list
- Fresh chopped thyme shopping list
- Fresh chopped parsley shopping list
- salt, white pepper shopping list
How to make it
- THE STEAKS: Put the steaks onto an elevated grate and then into a freezer (yes) for 20 - 30 minutes. This will air dry them and give them a good crust when cooked.
- Mix all the ingredients together and set the steaks in it for 20 minutes. Grill over an open flame only!!!
- As you cook the meat, dip it in and out of the sauce each time you flip it. Beware though it will tend to char quickly.
- FOR THE CAKES: The cornbread should be evenly crumbled to a medium texture. Finely dice the jalapenos. Chop the red pepper and the scallions to a small size as well as the bacon.
- Whisk the flour and the milk, and liquor together and fold in the cornbread. Add the jalapenos, the pepper, scallions and the bacon. Use a little more milk if needed and chill for about an hour.
- Cook them like pancakes in an iron skilled, make 12 nice but not to large ones for each serving. Use oil or bacon fat to accomplish this.
- FOR THE ONIONS: Peel the onions and cut them in half. Heat the butter in a thick bottomed roundel type pan and cook the onions until they start to very lightly brown - Add the vodka and cook away.
- Pour in the cream and the stock and season with the garlic and thyme. Cook slowly until the onions are finished and the sauce is thick. Season with the salt and pepper and the fresh parsley.
- Serve each portion with thin crisp fried onion rings made from the white onion, floured and fried, arranged nicely over the top.
The Cookalisdhair Falcarragh, IE
- Not added to any groups yet!