Revithosoupa Me Papaki – Chickpea Soup With DucklingFrom alisdhair 5 years ago
- ---I--- shopping list
- 1 gallon of rich lamb stock shopping list
- Half a gallon of tomato juice shopping list
- A cup of whole sundried tomatoes shopping list
- 1 cup or more of any very ripe tomatoes or scraps shopping list
- 4 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 cinnamon sticks shopping list
- Fresh oregano, thyme and rosemary shopping list
- 14 egg whites + the shells shopping list
- ---II— shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion shopping list
- Half a bunch of celery shopping list
- 2 bunches of scallions shopping list
- 2 red bell peppers shopping list
- 2 medium sized zucchini shopping list
- 3 cups of cooked chickpeas shopping list
- The sundried tomatoes from above shopping list
- The cleared broth from above shopping list
- 1 /2 cups of fresh very garlicky hummous shopping list
- 4 smaller ducking breasts shopping list
- fresh parsley and cilantro shopping list
- ¾ cup of excellent olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup of white retsina (a Greek wine) shopping list
- salt, black pepper shopping list
- Grilled pita or flatbread, olives and cubes of Greek cheeses shopping list
How to make it
- I: Put lamb stock, tomato juice and preferably the tomato scraps with all the seasonings into a suitably sized stockpot. Loosely wrap the dried tomatoes in cheese cloth. Whisk the egg whites and put them along with the shells into the pot as well.
- Bring the pot to a boil and reduce the heat and slide the pot so that it is setting only 2/3 over the fire. Let it cook like this for about 45 minutes.
- While it is cooking so the eggs with solidify and float to the surface taking with them any impurities from the broth. You may have to break the egg white mass occasionally to allow for more to rise.
- When the cooking process is finished, skim off as much of the eggs as you can and strain the stuff through a re-doubled sieve lined with cheese cloth. The result should be a crisp and flavourful very clear liquid. Now you know how to clear a consommé.
- II- Marinate the duck breasts in a little lemon, olive oil, dried rigani, fresh garlic and pepper.
- Chop the onion and the celery into a medium dice. Cut the peppers into small thin strips, the scallions, chop them large and the zucchini into a medium dice. Chop the sundried tomatoes into a medium consistency.
- Heat the olive oil in a small stock pot or a very large sauce pan, sauté the onion and the celery for about 6-7 minutes. Add the red peppers and let it go another 2 minutes and then side-smack in the wine.
- When the wine is all but gone, put in the broth, sundried tomatoes and the chickpeas, simmer gently for 20 minutes. Put in next the zucchini and simmer as before another 20 minutes.
- The duck must by this time have been char grilled or pan seared, and cut into a pretty fanlike form and served atop this:
- TO SERVE: In four large, shallow soup (pasta) bowls set a large plop of the hummous right in the dead centre. Surround this with the soup leaving just the top surfaced which is where you shall spread out and deposit the duck breast. Decorate with the fresh parsley and cilantro and send the bread, olives and cheeses out aside.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- alisdhair Falcarragh, IE
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookalisdhair Falcarragh, IE
- Not added to any groups yet!