Banh Pate So (Pate Chaud)From luisascatering 4 years ago
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 lb ground pork (or chicken) shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup oyster mushrooms, thinly sliced (any mushroom works) shopping list
- 1/4 cup celery, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup carrots, grated shopping list
- 1/4 cup bean thread noodles, soaked in warm water about 10 min and cut (optional) shopping list
- 1 tbs fish sauce shopping list
- 1 tbs soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- ~ shopping list
- Homemade puff pastry recipe: Simple puff pastry shopping list
- OR frozen puff pastry, thawed shopping list
- 1 egg, beatened for egg wash shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine the filling ingredients in a bowl. See Photo
- Cut the puff pastry into 12 squares. Add the meat mixture to one corner (be careful not to add too much and leave space at the edges to seal the pastry) See Photo. Brush the edges of the pastry with egg wash and fold it into a triangle. Crimple the edges with a fork to seal.
- Brush the top of the pastry with egg wash then poke a tiny slit at the top with a knife to allow steam to release and allow the puff pastry to rise.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.