DolmadakiaFrom luisascatering 3 years ago
- 4 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, minced shopping list
- 1 lb. organic ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 cup parboiled rice (converted/instant) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste, double concentrated shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, mint and parsley, finely chopped shopping list
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- ~ shopping list
- 30 grape leaves (fresh or jarred) shopping list
- Approx. 2 cups homemade vegetable stock shopping list
- juice of 1/2 lemons shopping list
- olive oil, for drizzling shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degress.
- Saute onion in olive oil over med-high heat until soft (do not brown).
- Combine sauteed onion along with remaining filling ingredients in a large bowl. Combine well.
- Drain brine from jar of grapevine leaves, remove leaves, and wash well with clear water to remove all traces of brine.
- Put heaping teaspoon of meat and rice mixture in center of leaf - shiny
- side out, and roll leaf, folding edges over and rolling toward point of leaf See Photo. Cover bottom of greased dutch oven or casserole with torn leaves. Arrange rolls in layers. Squeeze lemon juice over them and drizzle with olive oil. Cover with heavy plate to keep
- rolls from opening and add enough stock to come to plate level.
- Cover casserole and bake for 1 hour. Serve hot or warm.