White Bean ChiliFrom michellem 3 years ago
- 1lb. large great northern beans, soaked overnight (you can use canned beans too) shopping list
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut up shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 4-1/2 oz. cans chopped green chilies shopping list
- 2 tsp. cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 14 1/2 oz. can chicken broth(You can use homemade chicken stock or what I love, chicken base paste) shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Put soaked beans in Medium-sized saucepan and cover with water. Bring to boil and simmer 20 minutes.
- Discard water.
- Brown chicken. if desired in 1-2 Tbsp. oil in skillet.
- Combine pre-cooked and drained beans, chicken and all remaining ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low 10 to 12 hours, or on High 5 to 6 hours.