Rainbow Pinwheel Sugar CookiesFrom midgelet 1 year ago
- 3/4 cup butter room temperature shopping list
- 3 oz cream cheese room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- dash salt shopping list
- assorted food colors( red, green, blue, yellow ) shopping list
How to make it
- Cream the butter and cream cheese with sugar until fluffy
- Blend in the egg and vanilla
- In a bowl combine combine the flour, salt and baking powder
- add to creamed mixture and stir well by hand until a dough forms
- It will be soft.
- Divide dough in fourths and place in bowls
- Into each bowl of dough add a few drops of one food coloring ( gel works best ) and mix into desired pastel color: red, blue, green and yellow separately to tint dough
- Wrap dough balls in plastic and chill very well, a minimum of two hours
- When ready to bake, pinch off a walnut size balls of dough from each colored ball of dough
- Then press a ball of each color together( 4 balls , one of each color ) and form into one big ball.
- Roll out each ball into a snake rope shape, 12 inches long.
- Starting from either end, coil the dough to make a cookie.
- Keep on repeating the process using 4 small colored dough balls into one ball
- Bake cookies 2 to 3 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet
- Bake in middle oven rack at 350 until lightly browned, may be from 8 to 12 minutes, depends on size of the cookies
- Carefully let cool on sheet a minute or so before removing to rack to cool completely
- These freeze well