Sri Lankan Chicken CurryFrom sm8085 5 years ago
- 1.5kg chicken thigh cutlets shopping list
- 2 tbsp clarified butter or vegetable oil shopping list
- ¼ tsp fenugreek seeds shopping list
- 10 curry leaves shopping list
- 2 large onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 4-5 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated shopping list
- 1 tsp turmeric powder shopping list
- 1 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1 tbsp ground coriander shopping list
- ½ tsp ground fennel shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin shopping list
- 2 tsp paprika shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tbsp vinegar shopping list
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 6 cardamom pods, bruised shopping list
- 1 stick cinnamon shopping list
- 1 stalk lemon grass shopping list
- 1 pandan leaf [skip if you can't find any, there ain't no substitute for this one :( ] shopping list
- 1 cup thick coconut milk shopping list
How to make it
- Heat butter/oil. Add fenugreek and curry leaves until they start to brown.
- Add onions, garlic and ginger and fry gently until onions are quite soft and transparent.
- Add turmeric, chilli, coriander, cumin, fennel, paprika, salt and vinegar and stir well.
- Add tomatoes, whole spices and lemon grass.
- Add chicken and stir over medium heat until chicken is thoroughly coated with spices. Cook, covered, over low heat for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, taste and add more salt and a squeeze of lemon juice if desired.
- Do not cover after adding coconut milk.
- Serve hot with rice!
People Who Like This Dish 11
- bonzaichef Rochester, Kent., GB
- sugarmama Chicago, IL
- SmugLobster Someplace, Maryland
- doreenfish Thessalon, Canada
- prawnybucket Maidstone, United Kingdon
- shecooks4u Chandler, AZ
- Good4U Perth, Canada
- glbaskin Nowhere, Us
- katsy Nowhere, Us
- ChaplainTerry Milwaukee, WI
- Plus 1 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooksm8085 Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!