Real Buffalo WingsFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- 1 lb bison steak, cut into 8 "tenders" shopping list
- 1 (12-oz) can lager beer shopping list
- 3 tbsp cornstarch, divided shopping list
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp paprika shopping list
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- oil for deep-frying shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 1/4 cup Frank's hot sauce shopping list
How to make it
- In a shallow pan, combine the bison strips and beer. Cover and let sit in the fridge for 6 hours, or up to 8.
- Drain well and pat completely dry with paper towels.
- In a bowl, combine 2 tbsp of cornstarch, egg whites and salt until a "batter" is formed.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together remaining cornstarch, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne and black pepper.
- Dip bison strips in the batter, then roll in the dry spice mixture.
- In a 5-qt (or larger) pot, heat oil to 350°F (use a deep-fry thermometer).
- Add half the strips and cook 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Repeat with remaining bison.
- Toss with the mixture of melted butter and hot sauce.
- Serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 3
- Imsugarbear Nowhere, Us
- sm8085 Nowhere, Us
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- jo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Whole Foods142 members
Original Recipes143 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
All Holidays135 members
FROM SCRATCH146 members