Hand Pulled NoodlesFrom Yinhomemade 1 year ago
How to make it
- 1. Pour high protein flour in a mixing bowl, add salt to flour.
- 2. Slowly add in water, mix into a sticky dough and continue to knead until the dough is smooth, non- sticky, fully developed and elastic for about 20 minutes.
- 3. Form into a ball and cover with damp cloth to rest the dough for at least 20 minutes.
- 4. Pin roll dough into a thin layer of square sheet, using dough cutter to cut sheet into long thin stripes.
- 5. Take up the stripes and pull slightly into longer noodle stripes.
- 6. Boil a pot of water, drop in the noodle and cook for about 2 minutes.
- 7. Dish out noodle, rinse in cold water and place noodle back into hot water then soak for a short while and dish out again.
- 8. Mix 1 tbsp. cooking oil into noodle to prevent the noodle from sticking together.
- 9. Cook the noodle in soup or stir fry the noodle.
- 10. I chose to stir fry the lamen this time.
- 4 keys for making noodles:
- a. Must choose high-gluten flour
- b. Use the right amount of salt :
- • Too much salt, dough does not stretch,
- • Less salt, dough tends to break when pull.
- c. Water temperature:
- • Winter use luke water (light warm water), other seasons use cold water.
- d. Rest dough:
- • Let dough rest to allow dough to absorb water and enable protein to build in dough thus improving the quality of gluten.
- • Generally during winter time rest not less than 30 minutes whereas in summer rest the dough for about 20 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The CookYinhomemade North Shore City, New Zealand
- Not added to any groups yet!