Chicken Fried ChickenFrom twill10 2 years ago
- chicken Fried chicken shopping list
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 to 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- cooking oil or melted Crisco shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Beat together the egg and milk and set aside. Mix together the salt, black pepper, paprika and white pepper and sprinkle on both sides of chicken breasts.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in the flour, shaking off the excess. Then dip each piece in the egg/milk mixture, then back in the flour. (You're going to get your hands messy here, so take your rings off.) Set chicken pieces aside on a piece of waxed paper.
- Heat the cooking oil in a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet over medium-high heat for a few minutes. Oil should be about a half-inch deep in the pan. Check the temperature with a drop of water; if it pops and spits back at you, it's ready.
- With a long-handled fork, carefully place each chicken breast into the hot oil. Protect yourself (and your kitchen) from the popping grease that results. Fry chicken breasts on both sides, turning once, until golden brown. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 15 to 18 minutes until chicken pieces are done through. Drain on paper towels.
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!