Cranberry SconesFrom midgelet 2 years ago
How to make it
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter till fine crumb consistency
- Stir in the cranberries and enough buttermilk with a fork to make a moist dough ( not wet ) that sticks together
- Knead with floured hands briefly
- Form into a large ball and pat onto baking sheet into a 1/2 inch thick circle or so.
- Cut wedges with sharp knife
- Bake 400F , about 20 + minutes or until puffed , browned and tested done.
- Cool scones on baking sheet on cooling rack.
- When cold ,again cut through to separate scones.
- Serve warm
- Freezes and reheats well.