Simple Cinnamon Banana BreadFrom icecreamuffin 4 years ago
- 1 large or 2 small very ripe bananas shopping list
- 1/3 cup melted butter shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- as much ground cinnamon as you can handle (we probably added at least 2 Tbsp) shopping list
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves (optional) shopping list
- butter or baking spray, for greasing the pan shopping list
How to make it
- Grease your loaf pan and preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mash up the banana(s) with a fork in a large bowl. Mix in the egg, sugar, butter, vanilla, and spices.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the flours and baking soda.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ones a bit at a time, until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and swirl some more cinnamon on top with a fork, if you want. Place the loaf pan on a baking sheet for easy retrieval from the oven.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean.
- Serve hot or cold :)
The Cookicecreamuffin Abilene, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!