Pound CakeFrom iamericap 4 years ago
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening shopping list
- 3 cups sugar shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda dissolved in 1 tablespoon hot water shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon almond or lemon extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- With a mixer, cream butter and shortening together.
- Add sugar, a little at a time.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- Slowly add dry ingredients and mix alternately with buttermilk, into the mixer. Mix in vanilla and almond.
- Lightly spray a bunt pan with Pam non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour cake batter into oiled bunt pan and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
The Cookiamericap Dallas, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!