Yukon Gold Potato PancakesFrom midgelet 4 years ago
How to make it
- Note: the way you prepare them, creates the texture you like ( soft and flat, puffy and fluffy, etc )
- So coarse or fine grate, coarse or fine shred the peeled potatoes and onion
- Yukon gold variety doesn't turn dark as quickly as other potatoes and so I prefer them over other potatoes
- Now do as grandma does, wring out all the moisture from the potatoes and onion in a clean dish towel
- Now into the potato mixture, mix in the egg, seasoning baking powder and flour well
- Heat your oil ( about an inch deep ) medium high in a heavy duty pan on the stove top.
- Wait till the oil gets wavy in the pan- it should be hot enough!
- Form the potato mixture into patties and carefully slip into the hot oil
- You may press them flat with back of spatula if you prefer
- Wait til they are golden on one side and carefully flip with spatula to the other side to finish cooking.
- I drain them on paper towels and keep them warm in a 200F oven till all are fried and done.
- Now eat and enjoy!
- Note: options ( for part of the potatoes one may substitute things such as grated zucchini or apples, or carrots, or sweet potato, etc) for a delicious potato pancake version
- Also different seasonings, herbs add for a more unique flavor to your recipe!