Chicken ScarparielloFrom canesgirl1186 5 years ago
- 2 hot Italian sausage links, cut into bite sized pieces shopping list
- 4 boneless chicken thighs (or whatever you prefer) cut into bite sized pieces shopping list
- 1 large spanish onion, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 3 - 4 garlic gloves, minced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup chopped hot cherry peppers shopping list
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup hot cherry pepper "juice" shopping list
- 3/4 cup white wine shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional) shopping list
- salt and cracked pepper shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet or dutch oven, over medium- high heat, coat bottom with olive oil. Add sausage and cook until just browned.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken into bite sized pieces and season liberally with salt and cracked pepper.
- Once sausage is browned, remove from pan, leaving drippings in pan. Add chicken and saute until browned. Remove and drain oil. Add a new layer of fresh olive oil (enough to coat bottom of pan) and add onions. Add a pinch of salt and saute until tender, 5 - 6 minutes. Add garlic and continue to saute for another 2 -3 minutes. Add chicken and sausage back into pan with oregano and (optional) red pepper flakes. Pour in chicken broth, cherry peppers, cherry pepper juice, butter and wine. Bring to a boil, and sprinkle in cornstarch. Stir until cornstarch is completely combined and reduce to simmer. Let liquids reduce to a thick sauce and serve.
- I served this with roasted garlic pasta and it was beyond amazing! There were no leftovers between the two of us!
The Cookcanesgirl1186 Kendall West, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!