Chinese Chicken Pepper SteakFrom sm8085 4 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breasts shopping list
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 2 lg. onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 c. water shopping list
- 1 (8 oz.) can sliced water chestnuts, drained shopping list
- 1/2 c. chicken broth, diluted shopping list
- 1/4 c. soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 3 lg. green peppers, sliced shopping list
- 4 green onions, chopped, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a large skillet until very hot. Add the chicken and stir-fry until nicely browned. Add the onion, water, garlic salt, and ginger. Bring mixture to a boil, cover and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the bell peppers, cover, and cook about 5 more minutes, or until the peppers are tender. Add the tomatoes.
- Combine the sugar, corn starch, and soy sauce in a bowl and whisk together until well combined. Add this mixture to the chicken and pepper mixture and bring to a boil. Continue to cool, uncovered, until the sauce thickens.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or fries!
The Cooksm8085 Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!