Lemon Poppy Seed BreadFrom dragonflylady13 6 years ago
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups white sugar shopping list
- 1 1/8 cups vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 C. milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract shopping list
- 1/4 cup orange juice shopping list
- 3/4 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease three 8x4 inch bread pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, salt, baking powder, poppy seeds and 2 1/2 cups white sugar. Add
- the eggs, milk, oil, vanilla and lemon extract; mix until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour batter evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the
- loaves comes out clean. Cool loaves in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- Combine orange juice with remaining 3/4 cup sugar and desired flavor of extract; stir well. Pour this mixture over
- the loaf while it is still hot. Allow loaf to cool completely before serving.