Pulled Beef In A Crock PotFrom DetroitTokyo 2 years ago
- 1 1.5-2 lb boneless beef chuck shoulder Texas broil or similar shopping list
- 2 cups water + 2 beef bouillon or 2 cups beef stock shopping list
- 3/4 cup worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 2 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp ground mustard shopping list
- 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper (more or less to taste) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup ketchup shopping list
- 3 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha or hot sauce of your choice shopping list
How to make it
- Place beef in crock pot.
- In a small bowl, combine water & bouillon/stock with Worcestershire, vinegar, garlic, chili powder, mustard, cayenne, and garlic salt. Whisk well to combine. Pour 2/3 mixture over beef, reserving 1/3 in fridge for sauce.
- Cover crock and cook on low for 5 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Remove from cooker and carefully shred with 2 forks, return and heat through. See Photo
- Place refrigerated mixture in a small sauce pan. Add ketchup, sugar, butter and hot sauce. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer. Simmer uncovered for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve beef topped with sauce. Makes great sandwiches but serve as you please!