Coffee Can BreadFrom jaie 7 years ago
- 1 cup graham flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 3 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 3/4 cup molasses shopping list
- 1 cup raisins (you can use nuts if you prefer) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the 2 flours, cornmeal, baking powder,baking soda and salt.
- Mix to blend.
- In another bowl, mix together buttermilk and molasses.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in raisins and/or nuts.
- Pour into 3 WELL-greased 13 ounce coffee cans, filling to leave 2 inches on top.
- Cover each can with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
- Cool slightly before turning out of cans.
- To store, package tightly in plastic wrap.