TiramisuFrom sm8085 5 years ago
- 3 heaping tablespoons instant coffee crystals or granules shopping list
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ladyfingers/ sponge cake shopping list
- 1 pint heavy cream, well chilled shopping list
- 1⁄4 cup confectioner’s sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1⁄3 cup mascarpone/ricotta/cottage cheese shopping list
- 2 heaping tablespoons sour cream shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl combine the instant coffee and
- granulated sugar. Bring the water to a boil and pour it over the coffee mixture, stirring. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- Place about half of the ladyfingers/sponge cake on the bottom of a 9- or 10-inch square or round serving dish.
- Using a tablespoon, drizzle half of the coffee mixture evenly over the ladyfingers/sponge cake in the serving dish. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the cream, confectioner’s sugar, and vanilla. With a whisk or an electric mixer, whip the mixture until it forms soft peaks. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In another bowl, combine the mascarpone and sour cream. Using a wooden spoon, stir the mixture until smooth.
- Fold half of the whipped cream mixture into the cheese and sour cream mixture until well blended. Then fold in the rest, being sure not to over mix.
- Using a metal spatula or spoon, spread half of the mixture over the ladyfingers, and place another layer of ladyfingers, curved side down, over it.
- Drizzle the ladyfingers/sponge cake with the remaining coffee and cover them with the other half of the cream mixture. Using a sieve, sprinkle the cocoa powder evenly over the top.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting into pieces to serve.