Loaded Mashed CauliflowerFrom canesgirl1186 4 years ago
- frozen (or fresh) equivalent to 1 head of cauliflower florets shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed shopping list
- splash of 2% milk (about 3 tbsp) shopping list
- 1 tbsp margarine shopping list
- 4 tbsp bacon pieces (or 3 - 4 slices cooked bacon) shopping list
- 2 1/2 tsp dried chives shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 tsp onion powder shopping list
- 2 slices American cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium sauce pan (or whatever size needed to hold florets) add cauliflower and smashed garlic. Cover with water, seasoned liberally with salt, bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes, until fork tender. Drain and return to pan. Add all remaining ingredients, except for 1/2 tsp dried chives. Mash until well blended (where it resembles actual mashed potatoes). Transfer to serving dish and top with remaining chives.
- I can probably guarantee you can trick whoever into believing they are actual mashed potatoes. Tasty and low fat.
- Comments positive or negative always welcome. Hope you enjoy.
The Cookcanesgirl1186 Kendall West, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!