Apple - Coconut Cake - Vegan GfcfFrom jo_jo_ba 4 years ago
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed shopping list
- ¼ cup hot water shopping list
- ½ cup sorghum flour shopping list
- ½ cup rice flour shopping list
- ½ cup organic coconut flour shopping list
- ½ cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tsp guar gum shopping list
- ½ tbsp baking powder shopping list
- ½ tsp baking soda shopping list
- ½ tsp sea salt shopping list
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- ½ cup coconut oil shopping list
- 1 cup coconut milk shopping list
- 2 teaspoons bourbon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped small shopping list
- ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut shopping list
- 1 apple, peeled and sliced medium-thick shopping list
- 1 tsp raw sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line the bottom of a 10” spring form pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flaxseed and hot water. Set aside.
- Whisk together flours, starch, guar gum, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together flax mixture, brown sugar, oil, coconut milk and vanilla until the batter is smooth.
- Fold in the chopped apples and coconut.
- Spread in the prepared pan and lightly press sliced apple pieces in a decorative pattern on top.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with raw sugar.
- Bake 55 - 60 minutes. Do not open the oven door before 45 minutes.
- Cool in the pan twenty minutes, then loosen the sides of the cake from the pan and remove the ring. Cool completely before slicing (although this is delicious gently reheated).
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Sweet Tooth446 members
Good To Freeze127 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
The Incredible Allergens8 members
Whole Foods142 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members