Creme Fraiche Rum CakesFrom corrinnej 2 years ago
For the Cake
- 1 tbsp. dry active yeast shopping list
- ¼ cup Warm water shopping list
- 5 cup Warm water shopping list
- 4 oz. butter (unsalted) shopping list
- ½ cup sugar shopping list
- ¼ tsp. Salt shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
For rum simple syrup (Soaking Liquid)
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup dark rum shopping list
- For the whipped Crème Fraiche: shopping list
- 1 pkg. Alouette® Cuisine Crème Fraiche shopping list
- 2 tbsp. Confectioner sugar shopping list
- 2 oz. dark rum shopping list
- 2 cup Fresh seasonal fruit to garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- In a small bowl, mix yeast with ¼ cup warm water until the yeast dissolves.
- Add 2 tbsp. flour, to form a paste.
- Set aside in warm place for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer for about 5 to 6 minutes using paddle attachment.
- Remove the paddle and scrape butter mixture into the bowl.
- Place a dough hook attachment on the mixer and add the yeast mixture, the remaining flour, the salt, and mix well on medium speed.
- Add the eggs and yolks one at a time and mix for about 8 to 9 minutes, until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Remove the dough from the mixing bowl and split it into 2 equal portions.
- Prepare 2- 6 inch Savarin molds with non stick spray (Bundt cake pan can be used only fill ½).
- Place each portion into the prepared pan, cover and allow to stand in a warm place until doubled.
- Place the cakes in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until cooked through or when a toothpick entered at the center exits clean.
- Remove from oven and allow cake to cool for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the pan and wrap them immediately with plastic wrap (at this point they can be frozen for later usage).
- In a saucepan bring the water and sugar to a boil to dissolve the sugar. Remove from heat, add rum, stir to mix and allow cooling.
- Spoon the rum simple syrup over the cakes and repeat until cake can no longer absorb the syrup.
- Place Alouette Cuisine Creme Fraiche, confectioners sugar, and rum in a mixing bowl and whip to form a soft peak.
- Drain soaked cake and place on platter. Top center with rum infused whipped Alouette Cuisine Creme Fraiche and top with fresh fruit.
The Cookcorrinnej New Holland, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!