Honey Walnut ShrimpFrom sm8085 4 years ago
- ½ cup chopped walnut pieces shopping list
- ¼ cup sugar shopping list
- ½ pound shrimp (peeled and deveined) shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1½ tablespoons honey shopping list
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise shopping list
- 3 ¾ teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk shopping list
- 3 cups oil for deep-frying shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the walnut pieces for 5 minutes. Drain well. Spread the sugar on a piece of wax paper. Roll the walnut pieces in the sugar and allow to dry.
- Heat oil . While waiting for oil to heat, mix the egg with the cornstarch to form a batter. Dip the shrimp in the egg batter. Deep-fry the shrimp until they turn golden brown. Remove from the wok with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Cool.
- Combine the honey, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and coconut milk. Mix in with the shrimp. Serve on a platter with the sugared walnuts arranged around the shrimp