Greens And Cornbread BallsFrom RecipesForMyBoys 4 years ago
- 1 14 oz can Greens (doesn't need to be cooked) drained and squeezed thoroughly to remove liquid. You can use 1 1/2 to 2 cups of your leftover cooked greens. shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup onion, minced shopping list
- 2 slices bacon,cooked and crumbled, shopping list
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Pepper Jack cheese, grated shopping list
- salt, Pepper, hot pepper sauce, optional Use whatever you use to season greens if they aren't already. season to taste. shopping list
- 1 to 2 cups cornbread stuffing mix, may substitute cooked and crumbled cornbread shopping list
- 3 eggs, beaten shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease cookie sheet
- Mix greens, diced red pepper (amount you like), onions, bacon, pepper jack cheese (amount you like). Taste and then season with salt, pepper and/or hot pepper sauce, optional, to taste.
- Add 1 cup cornbread stuffing mix, or crumbled cornbread, and beaten eggs. Add more cornbread stuffing mix or cornbread, as needed to make a mixture that is still a little moist.
- Roll into walnut size balls, they will be moist, and place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 8 minutes. Turn pan around and cook another 5 -10 minutes. They should be firm, with a tiny give when done. As always, my oven cooks different than yours...adjust time accordingly.
- Can also be found here http://www.examiner.com/food-in-orlando/greens-and-cornbread-balls
The CookRecipesForMyBoys Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!