Hungarian Chicken & Rice PaprikashFrom sm8085 4 years ago
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter shopping list
- 4 large boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 celery stalks, chopped shopping list
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 large tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped or 1 (14.5-ounce) can chopped tomatoes undrained shopping list
- ½ bunch of parsley, chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 5tsps sweet Hungarian paprika shopping list
- 1 tsp hot Hungarian paprika shopping list
- salt and black pepper shopping list
- 6 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 2 cups rice shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Heat butter in a skillet . Add bay leaves, onion and celery. Saute over low heat until the onions turn translucent.
- Add chicken pieces and brown lightly on both sides. Add green peppers, parsley, tomatoes, garlic and paprika. Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in the stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the skillet.
- Add rice to the broth and cook till done (around 15 mins). Mix in the sour cream.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and warm through.
- Serve hot!