Beef Vegetable SoupFrom DetroitTokyo 5 years ago
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 pound ground beef (I used sirloin) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 cup sliced carrots shopping list
- 1 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh herbs, divided (I used basil, oregano and Italian parsley) shopping list
- 3 cups beef stock shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 8 oz can tomato paste shopping list
- 2 cups broccoli florets shopping list
- 1 cup corn shopping list
- 3 handfuls baby spinach shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup uncooked small pasta (I used stars) shopping list
- grated Parmesan for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Heat olive oil in a medium stock pot over medium heat. Add onions and cook about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook another 2 minutes. Add ground beef and brown, stirring occasionally to break up. Add carrots, celery, and half of herbs. Season lightly with salt & pepper. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes until tender crisp.
- Add beef stock, water, and tomato paste. Stir to combine. Bring to boil. Turn to simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Cook pasta until al dente & drain.
- Meanwhile, add broccoli to pot. About 5 minutes later, add corn and spinach. Mix to combine and remove from heat. Stir in remaining herbs, reserving a couple pinches for garnish.
- To serve, stir in some cooked pasta. Top with a pinch of herbs and grated Parmesan. See Photo