Cream of Vegetable SoupFrom luisascatering 2 years ago
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 celery rib, chopped shopping list
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1/2 a butternut squash, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 parsnip, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 yukon gold potato, peeled and chopped shopping list
- fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- kosher salt, white pepper and fresh ground nutmeg, to taste shopping list
- homemade roasted chicken stock - enough to cover vegetables shopping list
- splash of organic heavy cream shopping list
- small handful of grated parmigiano-reggiano shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in stockpot. Add onions, garlic and celery and saute until onion starts to soften. Add remaining vegetables and seasonings and saute for about 10 minutes (you want to slightly caramelize them.
- Add stock, just enough to cover and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook vegetables until they are totally soft. With an emersion blender, blend soup until very smooth (you may add more stock if it's too thick).
- Add a splash of cream and the cheese and blend a little more to incorporate into soup. Taste for seasonings and adjust if needed.