Best Damn Grilled Chicken...ever!!From rescue_ranger 2 years ago
- 5 tablespoons Chef Paul Prudhomme's Meat Magic® shopping list
- 1 teaspoons ground cardamom shopping list
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoons soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel shopping list
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoons ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 teaspoons ground savory shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Chef Paul Prudhomme's ground dried pasilla chile peppers shopping list
- 4 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the Seasoning Paste ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Place the chicken pieces and bay leaves in the bowl and rub the pieces evenly with the seasoning paste. Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours.
- When ready to cook, light the coals or prepare the grill according to directions. While waiting for the coals to reach the white-ash stage or for the grill to reach the cooking stage, bring the chicken to room temperature. Melt the butter. With a spoon, gently scrape as much of the seasoning paste as possible off the chicken, combine it with any paste remaining in the bowl and stir it into the butter.
- Place the large pieces of chicken over the hottest coals or hottest section of the grill and the smaller pieces over the less-hot section, and cook, turning the pieces and basting several times with the butter-paste mixture, until done. Serve and enjoy!
The Cookrescue_ranger New Baltimore, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!